I feel so lucky to have Mrs. Annette in my life & in the lives of my children. Mrs. Annette is our children's librarian at our public library. She knows me and my daughters as readers, sometimes even better than we know ourselves! (As I mentioned before, I am a voracious reader and I am hoping to use it to inspire my writing.)
Here are some of the things that Mrs. Annette has done for us recently:
- Stopped to chat with me when we ran into each other exercising at a local park, then proceeded to order a book I recommended and place it on hold for me when it came in.
- Bound & filed a copy of Circus Mirandus for me while I waited so I could check it out.
- Recommended Pax, as she wanted to read it, but couldn't find the time and trusted in my opinion of the book.
- Put the new copy of The Princess in Black on hold for my youngest!
- Brought me a yummy lunch Friday at school so that we could eat and plan our book talk sessions for our literacy night next week.
- Sends me messages like this, "Hey Rachel! The new Rainbow Rowell book comes out next Tuesday - would you like it?"
- And genuinely asks how we are doing and is interested in our lives.
We are so lucky to have her!