Sunday, March 27, 2016

SOLSC #27/31 #sol16



Good-bye 30's...Hello 40

For only the second time in my life, I share my birthday with Easter. It is a special birthday, for I am now 40. As I reflect on my 30s, I am very pleased with the last decade. My husband and I built our home, had two beautiful daughters and are in the middle of very rewarding careers in which we enjoy. 
I had always thought 40 was so old! Looking back, I am in better shape now at 40 than I was at 30 (18 lbs lighter), I have a healthy relationship with food, and exercise more now than I have in my adult life. I now look forward to my 40s. I have goals I want to accomplish and am confident in my abilities to reach those goals. 40 is now looking pretty exceptional!


On another note...my family is notorious for taking selfies. In fact, our Christmas card was made up of selfies we took of the four of us throughout the year. My youngest brother wanted to help out our cause and got me a gift to help us in this endeavor. 

Can you tell what it is?




7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the 40's! They are divine! Loving that shot taken with your new selfie stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I am well into my forties. Let me tell you they are the BEST!!! Enjoy that cool selfie stick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! The selfie is pretty darn good, although I didn't it together with a selfie stick until I read Sonja's comment. Probably because I'm old-- in my 50's, and inching, eeek, toward 60!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! The selfie is pretty darn good, although I didn't it together with a selfie stick until I read Sonja's comment. Probably because I'm old-- in my 50's, and inching, eeek, toward 60!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Rachel! What a special day! In just a short two days, I will be celebrating my 40th as well, but not as accepting as you are! Love the selfie stick gift -- amazing first shot I must say, too! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! And congrats on the selfie stick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! And congrats on the selfie stick. :-)

    ReplyDelete