Saturday, March 19, 2016

SOLSC 19/31 #sol16


Bock Buster/Date Day/New Digs


My husband and I like to race snowshoes races and road races. Often, this turns into a "date day". We raced a very intense 5K today. It was called the Bock Buster and was 1.5 miles of uphill and then back down again. It was my husband's 3rd time racing this route and my first. He convinced me to try it this year instead of the other 5K route the race offers. I am so thrilled that I did it. It was challenging, but one of the most unique 5K routes I have ever ran. Bonus: all the proceeds went to Honor Flight Veterans!
After the race we ate lunch at Thrive Foodery.

THRIVE foodery
This is our second attempt at eating here, as the first time, they were closed for a private party. We were not disappointed. My husband got a burger and I enjoyed a chicken wrap with chimicurri, fresh greens, red peppers and tomatoes. 
Following the lunch we got some new shoes!! We were both due for new running digs and both ended up satisfied with our choices, same old Kayanos for me, new Nike Free for Derek.
What a great way to spend a Saturday!


3 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a great day- exercise, overcoming challenges, good food, and new shoes besides! Glad you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You set a goal and accomplished it! I love that you got a reward-new shoes. So appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a lovely way to spend a day! Congrats on the 5K! Sounds like it was a wonderful race!

    ReplyDelete